Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wonky Bedroom Layout

The configuration of our bedroom is loopy... there's a good-sized west-facing window on one wall, an awkwardly built closet in the NW corner, a floor register in the SW corner, and a jut-out thing in the SE corner (which I think houses electrical or plumbing or something like that). See for yourself:



This is a (mostly to scale) floor plan of the apartment's bedroom and bathroom with the furniture laid out accurately. I've tried and I've tried to better reconfigure this room, but I just don't think it's in the cards. The window is actually centered on that wall, but the built-in closet makes it looks off-centered. I tried to camouflage the situation a bit by putting a curtain rod across the whole wall and using curtains that match the wall colour. Oh, I forgot to add: the window and curtain rod are level, the ceiling and floor... not so much. Check it out:

Open - it's this view that irks me!
Aside from looking lopsided (although I assure you the rod is level) the curtain kinda look alright when closed :)

 I feel like I can hear Mike Holmes' voice saying "make it right"... but I don't really know what I should do. I think I might try "un"-leveling the curtain rod so it's even with the ceiling instead of the window and I'll shorten the rod so it's only above the window, not the whole wall. As for the soon-to-be-permanently-exposed wall....well, I'll find some way to balance it out. Maybe something like what John and Sherry did for their guest room to balance out the wall where the bed and window are...


Suggestions are welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...