Monday, June 13, 2011

Birdie on a Wire

For my birthday last year, my friend bought me a water colour painting from Kerry Ainger. She lives in British Columbia, Canada and has a shop on Etsy, named This Tinder. She'll be away on vacation for the next couple weeks, but check out her Etsy shop in July when she gets back. She also has a blog, named This Tinder where she displays her beautiful art and blogs about her life and other creative outlets.



So, this painting had been sitting in my pile of things-to-frame for long enough, so I went to Value Village to see if I could find a suitable frame for it. Now that I have the mat cutter I feel like the world is my oyster :-) I have all these frames to choose from!


I found this nice frame at Value Village - originally from C. Gutenburg Gallery Limited in Toronto according to the sticker on the back. I also stopped back into Deserres to get another mat. The two stores are only about 100 metres apart so it was very convenient.


Here's the after shot once I cut the mat and put in Kerry's painting. I think it looks great!




Here's a close up of the cute little birdie. He's got a top hat! 



The total cost of this project was $8.54 before taxes! Seriously, where have mat cutters been all my life??



I hung the newly frame art above the towel rack in the bathroom. The silver trim looks a lot better than the old frame and the white really brightens the place up, especially now that we have all white trim in there - a reveal I'll show you soon :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you like it and great pick on the silver frame btw, I usually default with white.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...