Friday, July 8, 2011

Houses Gone Wild

Animal print wild, that is!

While reading Apartment Therapy yesterday, I came across a post called Is There A Line Between Quirky and Eccentric? The author, Jason Loper, discusses the differences between quirky and eccentric designs - honestly,  I use them interchangeably - pot-AY-to, pot-AH-to!. 

But he posts about this house in his neighbourhood as an example to eccentric design. This house looks like it's got a major case of go-big-or-go-home. And while I think it's cool, would I want it on my (hypothetical) house? Hell to the no. There's also a building in Toronto that has huge animal print on it (pictured below), but it resonates a bit better with me because it would probably help to draw attention to your business.

Here's the photo from the post:
061011LeopardHouse.jpg

Here's the building on Bloor Street West (at Dundas Avenue) in Toronto.

Is this a new trend I don't know about..? For me, animal prints are on par with tattoos. I like them...in small doses... and um, on other people. They're just too far out of my comfort zone for me to commit to them in my house or with my clothes. My sister, on the other hand, is in a whole other ballpark when it comes to animal print. She loves the stuff - can't get enough. Well, maybe she'd draw the line at a leopard or giraffe print house :-P

What do you think of animal print? Do you have any in your home? On your home? Or maybe you just have it sprinkled here and there in your wardrobe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read comments! Thanks for stopping by :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...